Study In Canada

Canada boasts one of the most high-quality education systems in the world, from elementary school level right through to its universities and colleges. The educational institutions at all levels are equipped to accommodate the diversity that Canada is known for, welcoming students from all over the world, with a wide range of interests and backgrounds. There is a large array of post-secondary facilities, language schools and vocational programs that are designed to prepare students for whatever career they intend to follow.

Qualifications received at Canadian universities and college are internationally recognized for their quality by employers and educational institutions all over the world. This, combined with lower-than-average tuition fees and living expenses makes Canada one of the most attractive destinations for international students, as evidenced by an international student population of over 300,000.


How do I become an international student in Canada?

Your first step in coming to Canada as a student is finding the school that is right for you, in the province or territory you wish to study in. Canadian educational institutions offer programs of study for any discipline: no matter what your goals are, there is a school and a study program that is right for you.

Having found the school you want to study at, your next step is to secure admission. You will need to contact the school for information on how to apply.

Once the school has offered you a spot, you will be ready to apply for a Canadian study permit. In some cases, you will also need a temporary resident visa.


What are the benefits of studying in Canada?

Coming to Canada as an international student offers several benefits apart  from the quality of the education. These include the following:

  • International graduates of Canadian educational institutions have a path to permanent residence through a provincial nominee program, Quebec’s immigration system, or the federal Express Entry immigration pool
  • International students are allowed to work for up to 20 hours a week, and full-time during school breaks, without the need for an additional work permit
  • International graduates may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit, allowing them to remain in Canada and be employed in a job related to their field of study
  • There is no need to leave family behind: students may bring a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner on an open work permit that allows them to work for any employer
  • Accompanying children can enjoy the same educational opportunities as Canadian children

What Do You Need Help With?

Fill out the following form to write any question