Temporary Travel Document

When individuals are granted permanent resident status, they are issued with a permanent resident card, which they are required to present before boarding a commercial carrier to Canada. However, if the need for travel arises before the permanent resident card has been issued, or if the card is lost, the individual can apply for a temporary travel document. This will enable them to board their flight, train or other commercial carrier back to Canada.

Where possible, it is recommended that you apply for your temporary travel document before traveling. However, if you are outside of Canada and do not have a permanent resident card with you, you can apply for a temporary travel document at a Canadian Immigration Visa Office in the country you are visiting. You will need to provide supporting documentation that will enable the immigration officer to confirm that you are a permanent resident in good standing.

What Do You Need Help With?

Fill out the following form to write any question